Milton Road/Crescent, playing fields and lack of consultation
Milton Road/Crescent and the playing fields are NOT part of the LDF. This can be seen on the Council's website (http://map.wakefield.gov.uk/connect/analyst/…) - if you zoom in on our area you will clearly see that nothing is shown for Milton Road and the playing fields. Residents of Milton Road/Crescent didn't find out about the proposed use of Milton Road until 2016 which was many years after the LDF was submitt...ed. When local residents were originally consulted pre 2010, Milton Road/Crescent residents quite correctly thought that the plan didn't impact on them so they weren't consulted.
The proposed usage of Milton Road/playing fields is such a major change that Milton Road/Crescent residents should have been consulted. Actually all affected residents should have been consulted for the new plan.
What you need to do:
1. Again send a letter/email to our MP ((Mary Creagh, 20-22 Cheapside, Wakefield WF1 2TF, Phone: 01924 386124, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)) and the Chief Exec of the Council Merran McRae (Wakefield Council, Wakefield One, PO Box 700, Wakefield, WF1 2EB, Email: email@example.com).
2. Raise the fact that Milton Road and the playing field are now, and always have been, NOT part of the LDF.
3. Raise the fact that the LDF was pre 2010 and that you didn't find out about the proposed usage of Milton Road and playing field until 2016.
4. In the letter ask the Council to provide documentary proof that Milton Road and the playing fields are part of the LDF. Also ask the Council why it is lying when it says that ALL the area has LDF approval where, even the Council's own website, shows that it clearly hasn't.
5. Raise the fact that as the proposed use of Milton Road/playing field is such a major change and will have such an impact on your life then you demand a consultation.
Together with the human rights issue, tree preservation order, town green plan, the above and our other points (more to follow) this makes a very strong case for stopping access via Milton Road and stopping the entire development altogether.